Step Lights & Riser Lights
Brighten up high foot-traffic areas like staircases and pathways with Stair Lighting and Step Lighting fixtures. Suitable for both indoor and outdoor stair lighting ideas, low voltage LED stair and step lighting can add extra safety to your home and deck. Choose from complete stair lighting kits or unique step lighting designs to find the perfect addition to your space.
Step Lights & Stair Lights
Step into safe, stunning, and well-lit outdoor spaces with an array of stair lights and step lights from DecksDirect. See these exterior lighting fixtures transform the beauty and ambiance of your deck and backyard with their versatility, utility, and beauty.
We carry an extensive collection of stairway lighting products that are unobtrusive, deliver a DIY-friendly installation, and are incredibly durable. The lights in your steps, together with existing lighting elements, provide form and function to your indoor and outdoor living space.
How to Choose the Right Staircase Lighting
You have many options to illuminate your deck’s staircases, deck surface, and garden pathways with these guidelines for buying:
- Safety. These outdoor stair light fixtures guide people when they need to ascend or descend the stairs and eliminate dark areas or shadows that can cause them to trip over their steps. LED stair lights are commonly used because they are bright and eco-friendly. To get the brightness you need and avoid glare, check the LED lights illumination area. You can also use a dimmer to control the brightness.
- Style. Stair and step deck lighting appear in various designs, shapes, and sizes to suit the layout and design of the deck structure. Some step lights have the option to cast the glow in the direction you need it to. You can shop by the finish to find ones that match your deck’s contemporary or classic look.
- Sustainability. LED deck lights are energy-efficient, consistently cool to the touch, and long-lasting. These exterior staircase lights are weatherproof and can withstand tough weather elements.
How to Design a Deck Lighting Plan
A deck lighting plan will help ensure your outdoor light fixtures will tie in with your deck and landscape. You can use this as a guide for further enhancements or replacements, such as recessed riser light kits or stair tread light kits.
- Draw the layout of your deck.
- Designate the spots to light up, such as on the risers, under the rails, and any nooks and crannies along the deck. Consider the movement of foot traffic and plan for the functionality the extra recessed deck lighting can bring.
- Decide on the ambiance of the deck or that the step lights will blend well with the current look and feel of the area.
- More importantly, take the correct measurements of the stair boards, etc. before you order the light fixtures.
How to Install Lights on Deck Stairs
You can hire someone or do it yourself when it comes to putting these lights on your stairway. Read the installation instructions carefully.
- Obtain the proper tools and bit sizes needed for installing the light fixture.
- Mark the spot on the riser, careful not to place it near the stair joist.
- Get the correct bit size and drill a hole.
- Insert the light fixture and set up the wiring.
Learn how to install stair lighting hardwired products.
Where to Buy Staircase Lights
We have the products you need to illuminate the stairs, the nearby wall and railing, and the surface of your deck and thus improve accessibility. You can browse our extensive collection of items from leading manufacturers for quality. Every product can come with documentation and warranty.
DecksDirect is with you every step of the way to help you deck out your dream space. Call into 1-888-824-5316 and speak with a deck designer to discuss any questions about outdoor stair lights or your deck lighting design.