Last Updated: January 1, 2020
Collection of Information
We collect personally identifiable information such as names, postal addresses, email addresses, and so on, when voluntarily submitted by our visitors. Your information will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company without your consent, except as stated below or for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested by the customer. The email address you provide for order processing, may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.
What We Collect:
1. Information you give us about yourself. We collect and store information you provide through our website and over the phone. The information we collect from you includes things like:
- Mailing address
- Email address
- Phone number
- Credit card number and other payment information
2. Information collected automatically online. We collect information about your interactions with us, including the type of device or browser you're using, your IP address, your browsing behavior while on our website, and the URLs of the websites you were at before you visited our site (these are called "referring URLs").
We may permit third-party service providers to collect and process some information from our digital properties. We may share personal information with those providers and may have similar arrangements with interest-based advertisers.
3. Location information. Some of our digital properties may collect your location. We also may use this information to determine whether to provide you with content, information, and notices that may be required by law based on your location.
Reviews and other content you provide. Our websites and social media pages offer publicly accessible blogs or community forums. Be aware that anyone who accesses these areas may read, collect, and use the information you provide.
How We Use the Info:
- Identifying you on our website in order to customize your experience (for example, based on your purchase history or your location)
- Fulfilling orders and requests for products, services, or information
- Processing refunds, returns, and exchanges
- Tracking and confirming online orders
- Delivering products to you or others
- Marketing and advertising products and services
- Conducting research and analysis
- Responding to your questions and requests
- Improving our products and services
- Analyzing website and device application trends and customers interests
- Preventing losses and ensuring security
Distribution of Information
We may share information with governmental agencies or other companies assisting us in fraud prevention or investigation. We may do so when: (1) permitted or required by law; or (2) trying to protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud or unauthorized transactions; or, (3) investigating fraud which has already taken place. The information is not provided to these companies for marketing purposes.
We may retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
The site may use cookie and tracking technology depending on the features offered. Cookie and tracking technology are useful for gathering information such as browser type and operating system, tracking the number of visitors to the site, and understanding how visitors use the site. Cookies can also help customize the site for visitors. Personal information cannot be collected via cookies and other tracking technology; however, if you previously provided personally identifiable information, cookies may be tied to such information. Aggregate cookie and tracking information may be shared with third parties.
Internet Based Advertising
You can opt out of interest-based advertising from third-party providers who follow the Digital Advertising Alliance's Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising at www.aboutads.info/choices.
California Consumer Privacy Rights
To exercise the California Consumer Privacy Rights, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-888-824-5316.
The California Consumer Privacy Act provides that California residents may (subject to certain limitations) request the personal information we collect about them as well as ask that we delete the personal information we collect about them. If you are a California resident and have an established business relationship with us, you can request a notice disclosing the categories of personal information we have collected once per calendar year.
To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit our Privacy Notice for California Residents at decksdirect.com/ccpa
Commitment to Data Security
Your personally identifiable information is kept secure. Only authorized employees, agents and contractors (who have agreed to keep information secure and confidential) have access to this information. All emails and newsletters from this site allow you to opt out of further mailings.